Thursday 23 June 2011

Hamo 2011: Day 4 - PD Chicks 43km Changes Race

A changes race brings with it the usual excitement of racing with the additional edge created by the anticipation of launching yourself from the water and into the canoe.

As I float in the ocean, I'm always glad to have a buddy by my side. 100m away from the canoe, the mantra going through my mind is usually, "explosive lat pull-down, kick hard, tricep dip, twist and in". 50m out, I'm still repeating "explosive lat pull-down, kick hard, tricep dip, twist and in". 10m out..."explosive lat pull-down, kick hard, tricep dip, twist and in". As the canoe hits my finger tips, "sheesh when did we swap the canoe for a viking ship...explosive lat pull-down, kick hard, tricep dip, twist and in". And as I grip the sides of the canoe near the seat, "explosive lat pull-down, no bugger that, leg up, heave, head in, arm in, yep rest of body in. Hoorah!"

Here are some pics from the Chicks changes race on day 4 at Hamo as we battled it out with the Brisbane girls for 2nd place.







No comments:

Post a Comment